Break - Loss - Rejuvenate

This is June 2026, the last month of my six month long sabattical break. Six-month flies by so quickly but during this period, I am reflecting on three key terms which plays important part in how I spent the six months. Break - Take a Break before the work Break You This was my main reason for needing a break. Many who came to know of my rather long break is wondering what I am doing and os often asked me - What is your plan during the break and my most consistent answer is: I dont have a plan. It is a break. So I plan to do nothing. In time of globalised lifestyle where everyone seems to know what everyone else is doing via their social media. In a time where your success is measured by your level of productivity In a space where your productivities is about how many XXX you achieve, quantifiable subjects because so important to exhibit. In an era where your life is put on the social media plate, from small to big, from overall to maticulous details I am obviously using social media to share what books I read With the hope that I may inspire other to read And yes tehre were others who were possibly inspired to read the books I shared and have reach out to borrow so I am glad that happened even the number is very few Work has taught her to achieve to be productives to work hard to generate and regenerate Reading become someone of non-economic returns Discussion with friends becomes not a converation of trend Creating content is more for MMO but not about educational purpose only and when we dare to take break for well-being purpose, it becomes a question people asked or frowned upon hearing it How coudl you tkae upoaid leave for six months? Someome must be paying for it/you. It is quite a rude comment I recieved but I do not owe any explanation to people who do not have the dream of taking a break for themselves and putting their selves before anything else.
Loss - losing the one you loved unexpectedly could leave the scar of regret you carry with yourself. In the second quarter of 2026, many of the women I have worked with have their members of the family left them unexpectecly. This passing has stir so much emotional trauma and heaviness in how they conduct themselves and their lives. I myself also was not prepared for the passing of the granpda in Australia so abruptly in May The grief one is going through is very difficult to imagine I know myself is not a person who know how to handle or support those going through grief I could be there, sit there, listen, give tissue, make tea, coffe or cut cake while they are talking and that is about how much I could offer.I dont know what the right words to offer that could make people ale to relief their grief. He has lived a good life of 99.5 years old. We were so prepared to go to his 100th Birthday in Dec but we could not make the time in Dec but I have to go in May just to join his funeral. Such a confirmation that life is fragile and loss could hapen any time without much prior notice. Rest in Eternal Peace grandpa and many other family members of colleague that friends recently passed.
Rejuvenate - who could care for you more than yourself When I complete a book I spent time on When I planted new tree around the house When the fruit tree yield the fruit When Banana tree has flower or ripped fruit to cut or Mange with so many fruit hanging around Small things generate not only pleasure but also a sense of fulfillment Each day passed so quickly Each hour could be losse scrolling social media apps But the morning hours for coffee and reading, for French class, for economic news listening are all precious moments. Spending time with Australia wihtout planning also gives me precious moment to be with Rosanna, the lady who play influencial role in shaping who I am and what I believe in
Life is about living Living life ot the full is not eacy but it is not impossible to try I am glad that during this period, when I blurt out to some friends that I am on a break, they are curious to ask me about my experiencs and they themselves also is thinking about taking a break. I speak to at least five persons who are seriously considering break. I also know of a friend who already left her job to be focusing on herself and give more time to her family. Such is a couragous acts. So I dare you - the readers - to try and take extra care of yourself, Give yourself permission to stop for a while, break, reflect and resume new energy to continue a clearer tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey to Annapurna Base Camp

Discovering -