My favourite space in Melbourne
It is two months of life in Melbourne!!!
The more I have the time and opportunity to explore the city of Melbourne, the more I appreciate the achievement of the government in providing for its citizens. Two things that I am really proud of this city and I wish that my country would one day have this options available for its citizens.
The Access to Resources
Not only universities that provide the access to the resource that the public and the students and undergraduate and post graduate study needs but the states library also be made available for the publics as well. The University of Melbourne where I am studying has one of the richest resources of latest materials in printed and online for its students to access 7/24… The Victoria State Library situates right in the middle of the city center ensures access to materials for the public most of the times. Beside this accessibility, there are various regional library in one’s locality for your to access upon your needs.
The Public Space
Park is a great symbolic identity of Melbourne as well. The best space that I love to go is the Royal Botanical Garden which spreads across 36 hectares of land. Being one of the internationally finest gardens in the world, this place is such a wonderful place to spend the time to yourself, with your reading or do exercises with family and friends. It is also a very nice place for picnic and enjoy a long walk with your children. Green grass in endless sights attract your interest and once being in the place, you feel that you are separate from the busy noisy Melbourne city, away from the smoke from the cigarette you get when walking on the street and you are getting close to nature and enjoy the fresh air (?) and sound of nature.
I just spent an afternoon with a friend at the garden over the favourite book I have and I found that I feel very peaceful. Then I have questions arrive to me. Why in the social development plan in my country, there is no such things come up but rather the plan of the sky rock building right in the middle of the city? Phnom Penh is growing so rapidly but the social space avails for the public is yet limited. Every park and garden are so full of people and the roads are stuck with traffic jam… People do not have much choices to spend their time and men seems to end up in the beer garden drinking and smoking and further putting their health and well being at the risk of shorter life. I hope one day I find the mini Botanical garden somewhere in my country…
The more I have the time and opportunity to explore the city of Melbourne, the more I appreciate the achievement of the government in providing for its citizens. Two things that I am really proud of this city and I wish that my country would one day have this options available for its citizens.
The Access to Resources
Not only universities that provide the access to the resource that the public and the students and undergraduate and post graduate study needs but the states library also be made available for the publics as well. The University of Melbourne where I am studying has one of the richest resources of latest materials in printed and online for its students to access 7/24… The Victoria State Library situates right in the middle of the city center ensures access to materials for the public most of the times. Beside this accessibility, there are various regional library in one’s locality for your to access upon your needs.
The Public Space
Park is a great symbolic identity of Melbourne as well. The best space that I love to go is the Royal Botanical Garden which spreads across 36 hectares of land. Being one of the internationally finest gardens in the world, this place is such a wonderful place to spend the time to yourself, with your reading or do exercises with family and friends. It is also a very nice place for picnic and enjoy a long walk with your children. Green grass in endless sights attract your interest and once being in the place, you feel that you are separate from the busy noisy Melbourne city, away from the smoke from the cigarette you get when walking on the street and you are getting close to nature and enjoy the fresh air (?) and sound of nature.
I just spent an afternoon with a friend at the garden over the favourite book I have and I found that I feel very peaceful. Then I have questions arrive to me. Why in the social development plan in my country, there is no such things come up but rather the plan of the sky rock building right in the middle of the city? Phnom Penh is growing so rapidly but the social space avails for the public is yet limited. Every park and garden are so full of people and the roads are stuck with traffic jam… People do not have much choices to spend their time and men seems to end up in the beer garden drinking and smoking and further putting their health and well being at the risk of shorter life. I hope one day I find the mini Botanical garden somewhere in my country…
Well written, well done. Why no such a garden in our country I think it depends on the mind of the developers or the state council, if their mind is not with the well being of their people especially kids, they would think the division of their land for such a garden is a waste of money. But in fact, through my observation, the more beautiful the area is including all these facilities, the more people interested in coming to live or do business in or around the area and of course this will increase the value of our land and we still have lots of land available :)
ReplyDelete