Bike for Mum

I set my alarm at 5.45am but i woke up once at 5am and again at 5.30. So i decided to get up and get myself ready. Putting my red bike into my back side of the car, wearing my black and red strips sport shoes , putting the red bike helmet inro the car, im ready to go. I find a spot to park my car and unload my bike and put on a complete gear. I tried to search for my group of friends and one of them call. So we meet. The youth orga isers offered me the t shirt of the event vut i know i already have it organised so i did t get it. When i met one of my friends, we parked our bike near the step of the stadium. Then i got the t shirts for all three of us.

Up on the stage, the master of ceremony is announcing the key speakers, including the EU Ambassador, Gorege, Dr. NARON from the Ministry of Sducation, representataives from the National Olympic committee and other ambassadors.

The theme of the day: EU a Day of Bicycle. Bike for Mum.

At seven am, the parade is ready to get moving. I was amoung the thousand of bikers moving a long. We took the right turn to first pass the German embassy, then sweeden  embassy, indian etc. Its the first time in my experience to use the road and feel that the police is facilitatkng our movement. Other commuters paused to give way to the thousand bikers.



My energy is getiing lower and loser as the sun continue to rise higher giving the warm onto my skin. As we turned from Mao Zeduong back to Norodom, my energy went really low and i had to stop. As soon as i stop, i feel i m going to have a black  out. The sun is shining, how come i see the stars mo ing around and it seemed dark. I rushed to sit on the hammock as two my friends order their soft drinks. I told on eof the  im going to have black out maybe. She told me to drink water and take deep breath. I did and put my head on the hammock. It helps.....

We conti ie after about ten minutes and pass the EU residence. Then i realised i could not accpmplish the french and the british em assies to i ,et  y friends know i wish to return to the stadium. We all went back with my riding as slow as the turtle. I tried but i cant fight it. When we turned to go to the stadium at the roundabout we were joined by hundred of bikers Nd complete the whole round. What a coincidence!!!

Bck at the stadium we were provided with banana bread and soft drink, very very cold soft drink. Its just what we need.




We sat and chatted as more friends came and joined us. Flash of selfies  and fotos going on none setep. The drone camera was mocving in the space to capture the moment, its about 9am in the morning. But the sun seems not have a y mercy on us. Lucky we sat on the step in the shade.

While after the bike, after coffee with friends, after dropping off my friends and here borrowed bike, i went to a friend ho e to seek refuge.

I had suffered from Heat stroke, k have high fever, and headache Nd the temperature of my body continie to rise. I was taken care of with wet towel on my forehead but it seems like the towel is being dried under the sun. I think i passed out while i lie dow my head hurts like rock has been dropped on me.

This is me, appear as  stro g persoon but in fact  ery vu.nerable to sun and heat stroke. Today reminds me of the w
time i was stjdying abroad, tne time my body comform to being vulnerable to heat stroke, the time when i was striken by the heat i fell on the bed, lifeless, feeling sorry for myself znd the decision i make to be away from my society and family.

But its okay. I didnt regret joining the biking. I just need to remind myself of the limit i have and the more care i need to take of myself. At the end of the day, the experience  lets me be able to sit down and recall..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey to Annapurna Base Camp

Discovering -

Break - Loss - Rejuvenate