Khmer Literature Festival @BattamBang
Have you been to an event where you feel that your time there were quickly carried away as the proceeding of the event progress? Well this was the experience I had recently at the 2Nd Khmer Literature Festival at Battambang provincial town.
The venue itself brought me back to some 15 years ago a when I sat foot in this province. I have heard so much about it but have not been to then. Through the reading of the famous novel Kolab Pauline, Pkar Sroporn, and so many uncountable number of songs about its various places the stream the town the coconut the rendez vous of couples and love ones... the list could go on.
But what I haven’t been through in my reading list is the novel Kolab Net Yang, Kanlang Abb Khut which was recited at the Site Specific Reading I joined on the morning of 22nd Sept at the Lion status near the concrete bridge តោថ្មនៅក្បាលស្ពានថ្ម មុខសាលាខេត្ត។ The extract for the reading and the gentle voice of the reader sent such an eloquent description of the love of the couple who have affection toward one another while they were studying at these two famous high schools... and the shadow from the coconut tree at the soft evening time that is such an enabling rendez vous place to exchange the love and affections... is a consoling moment of the morning.
It’s a creative technique to set up such activities that attract participants. I am one of those who got so buy in. I feel that the space we have to pause the reading and discuss certain message that the author sent through various line is essential and in fact much needed to help us analysis certain norms and stereotypes society have toward certain things.
“Why do you think the author describe good woman as about those who are pure and virgin? Is good woman has to always be virgin?”
Why so many artists and authors are from Battambang ? What do you think the development in this province was at then that enable so many talents in arts and literature?
The venue itself brought me back to some 15 years ago a when I sat foot in this province. I have heard so much about it but have not been to then. Through the reading of the famous novel Kolab Pauline, Pkar Sroporn, and so many uncountable number of songs about its various places the stream the town the coconut the rendez vous of couples and love ones... the list could go on.
But what I haven’t been through in my reading list is the novel Kolab Net Yang, Kanlang Abb Khut which was recited at the Site Specific Reading I joined on the morning of 22nd Sept at the Lion status near the concrete bridge តោថ្មនៅក្បាលស្ពានថ្ម មុខសាលាខេត្ត។ The extract for the reading and the gentle voice of the reader sent such an eloquent description of the love of the couple who have affection toward one another while they were studying at these two famous high schools... and the shadow from the coconut tree at the soft evening time that is such an enabling rendez vous place to exchange the love and affections... is a consoling moment of the morning.
It’s a creative technique to set up such activities that attract participants. I am one of those who got so buy in. I feel that the space we have to pause the reading and discuss certain message that the author sent through various line is essential and in fact much needed to help us analysis certain norms and stereotypes society have toward certain things.
“Why do you think the author describe good woman as about those who are pure and virgin? Is good woman has to always be virgin?”
Why so many artists and authors are from Battambang ? What do you think the development in this province was at then that enable so many talents in arts and literature?
Comments
Post a Comment