The sound of the rain drop

 There is a sentence that we often hear in the popular quote:

As we get older, we don’t aspire to have many friends but we strive to maintain good relationships with few good friends.

 

And it is true.

 

It is important that when we feel like we wish to talk to someone that there is someone on the other sid that we can text to

And that person will eventually response you.

 

Do we have that person? Not always.

 


As I drove to visit my parents and brought the medicine to my mother, I called my friend to see if we can meet for lunch and she agreed. We ended up going to a nice Japanese restaurant follow by warm early afternoon coffee and a good chat. My best friend, she has a strong finance background and she is always my mentor and be there to remind me to be financially independence, secure and manage the risk, always ensure there is safety net in our lives. She reminds me of always distinguishing between needs/basic and essential needs and want. Do you want it or do you need it?

This advice came after she just spent sometime in the discount lenin clothes shop and spent over 50 USD dollar on clothes items. When I picked her up, she was a bit surprised that I waited for her and not got inside the shop to join her. I had difficulties managing the space of my own wardrope since so many unnecessary purchase has happened especially when I am stressed and conduct business trip. So no, I won’t get inside, I told her.

 

I am not referencing her purchase as a reason to mock her advise on me. On the contrary; I think that giving advise to be financially independence and managing her risk and maneuveur oneself through economic stress is a very valuable advise. I am grateful she spells it out when I shared about my major project coming up. But it is just a reality check that sometime what we believe and know as a good principle that we shall conduct our life and what we actually live our lives could be different. No one is to make judgement of that.

Her remind and question of needs and want critically let me reflect the purpose of lives, how we live, what we value and the source of happiness. Sometime having financial security while being unhappy or having a lot of money in the bank but not able to enjoy the space, nature and company of friend or pet raise the questions of whether it is a fulfilling one or not?

I am spending more time to reflect, to ask myself what I need and how to maintain peace, respect and give meaning to life. Passing 40 years old with some hard-learn lesson in life, experience loss and found of self and soul, It is a really critical juncture that we shall decide if we just keep stepping forward to stepping forward with a glance and glimpse.

 

And for such a rainy evening of cat and dog rhyme of every drop, I cannot help but allow myself to feel the longing, the nostalgia, the feeling that human being sometime allow ourselves to go back to. Past memory; past company; past moment of joy and smiles. The journey into the past often come uninvited and stay lingering in us. I recognize it; I don’t deny it; and I embrace it so that myself is not feeling hurt more than necessary. Because this is a part of life and a part of growing up into a responsible person. For we are taking responsibility of our action and our decision.

 

Let enjoy the beautiful sound tonight offer,

The wonderful smell from the scented candle,

The memorable taste of red wine,

And the cozy atmosphere the feeling create because the heart is asking for it.

Leave the logic aside and just allow yourself to be at ease with this evening

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey to Annapurna Base Camp

Discovering -

Break - Loss - Rejuvenate