The Great Distraction is 180 days focus

As the day is counting and more and more time is running out of the so-called Sabatical break, I recalle what new things I have been doing over my somewhat 165 days break. Piano Class - This is probably my most ambitous goal within such a short period of time. I realised that the 1h every Tuesday class - just among four students - made me realise that some of the skill require much more practice than you could have imagine. During the hour long class, most of the focus is about instruction and focus on practice with my fingers on the key board. What i enjoyed most is when i am by myself in the practice room, either on the earlier hour of that Tue or any other day that i came to town. it is great that SoundSkull let the student practice as many hours as we wish to. The other great motivation is when I was watching the movie which talk about the pianists - now i cannot remember the title of the movie but it is about pianist and time-travellers. The 2.5 months term ends before March ends and I dare not register for new term because of my planned travel schedule. But i will remember how much efforts it needs to be put into practice for the Piano Class. Returning to French class on Dualingo - When three women met in Oudomxay, they talked about anything and everything and one of the motivation and peer pressure is to register for an online language class via Dualingo Apps. So I did and instead of pickin Chinese as my friend did, I chose French, something I already familiar with from two decades ago learning. It is now 62 days on the course and I have made some 5% absence during those period. But it is a daily commitment that I would like to see through to this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey to Annapurna Base Camp

Discovering -

Break - Loss - Rejuvenate